1) Acting Autarch names target character of another Autarch and active unpivoted Allies as challengers.
2) Targeted Autarch may name active unpivoted Allies to defend the target character.
3) All Autarchs in the game have one last opportunity to play Flashes.
4) Challenge formally begins
- Only combat maneuvers may be played, and only from the Autarchs involved in the challenge.
- Total up the strengths of all remaining, unpivoted characters from each side. The Autarch with the highest total strength is the victor.
- Damage is the difference in combat strengths. The victor may apply the damage, whole or in part, to any character(s) involved in the challenge. Any character receiving more damage than its strength is “dead” and discarded at the end of the challenge.
- No pivoted characters may participate in a challenge. If a character becomes pivoted during the course of the challenge, it is removed, and cannot add its strength to the combat strength.
5) All challengers in the challenge are pivoted. The target of the challenge is pivoted. Defenders are NOT pivoted.
6) All Autarchs in game may resume the play of Flashes; dead characters are discarded.